Skills USA

+%0A%28Left+to+right%29+Officer+Ayala%2C+Hannah+Ostendorf%2C+Geneva+Rose%2C+Audrey+Mills%2C+Malory+Jenschke%2C+Piper+Carrol%2C+Jacquelyn+Guevara%2C+Lizbeth+Ramirez

(Left to right) Officer Ayala, Hannah Ostendorf, Geneva Rose, Audrey Mills, Malory Jenschke, Piper Carrol, Jacquelyn Guevara, Lizbeth Ramirez

Jessica Stuewe, Staff

Three groups of Skills USA students took part in different state competitions on April 4th-5th that showcased the skills they have learned over the course of this year. One group created poster boards that demonstrated law enforcement skills; the second group rebuilt brake components, and the third group participated in an event that tested their carpentry skills.

The first group consisted of seven girls who received high scores for their poster boards.

Malory Jenschke and Audrey Mills received a perfect score and first place for their interactive crime scene investigation demonstration, while Piper Carrol won second place.

Hannah Ostendorf and Geneva Rose also received a perfect score and first place for their interactive building search demonstration, and Lizbeth Ramirez and Jacquelyn Guevara received second place for their Child Protective Services demonstration.

Another group of students worked to rebuild brake components to take to the state conference in Corpus Christi.

Louis Diaz and Jordan Kraus received a blue ribbon superior award, and Shawn Land and Isai Robles received a third place award.

The third group demonstrated the carpentry skills they have acquired over the course of this year.

Clay Crouse placed seventh in Carpentry and Best in Show with his mesquite dining table.

Lorenzo Garcia won Best in Show with his mesquite desk, and Hasting Wilson won a Superior award with his mesquite and Sable hide bench.