Girls’ Soccer Hosts Hill Country Tournament 

Ximena+Saldana+Dribbles+the+ball+up+the+back+field+looking+for+a+pass+against+St+Marys+Hall.+

Ximena Saldana Dribbles the ball up the back field looking for a pass against St Mary’s Hall.

Sydney Holster , Staff

The Lady Billies traveled to Liberty Hill on Jan. 3 to play in the Liberty Hill tournament. They lost 0-1 the first day of the tournament to Liberty Hill, the number one team in the region, in the last 14 seconds. Claire Nevins had 11 saves with one goal against her.

The girls went on to play Brownwood the second day of the tournament and ended the game with a tie 0-0. Nevins played all 70 minutes with a total of 10 saves. The team then played Waco La Vega and tied again 0-0.

On the final day of the tournament, the girls played Leander High and fell 1-6. Chloe Crocker played the first 35 minutes with 5 goals scored against and then Nevins had 1 goal against in the last 35 minutes.  Amie Pyka scored with an assist from Sydney Holster in the second half.

The Fredericksburg girls’ soccer team hosted a three-day tournament on Jan. 10-12 at the Fredericksburg High School stadium.

The Lady Billies beat FSH Cole 1-0, putting them in the winner bracket. Pyka scored with an assist from Amanda Jacoby, and Nevins played 70 minutes with zero goals against her. The girls went on to play St. Mary’s Hall the next day and came up short with a loss 0-2.

The Lady Billies played their final game of the tournament against their district opponent Wimberley. At the end of the 70 minutes, the Texans and Lady Billies were tied 1-1 and went to a penalty kick shootout. Ana Iglesias scored with an assist from Harley Wilferth. Autumn Pyka and Wilferth scored to keep the score 3-3 after the first round. The Billies lost in a sudden death shootout 3-4.

The Lady Billies have their last tournament on Jan. 17-19 in Georgetown.