Fredericksburg High School's Media Publication

The Campus Comet

The Campus Comet

The Campus Comet

Hitchin Post Steakhouse

People’s Favorite Comfort Shows

You come home after a rough day of your life. Your day wasn’t the greatest as nothing was going the way it was supposed to go. It feels like it’s all crashing down on you as you make your way to your couch. You grab the TV remote and put on that one show that never fails to put a smile on your face – your “comfort” show.

A “comfort” show, as they say, is a show that people have watched to feel a sense of relief or like it is named, comfort. Many people have found that it has helped them control themselves emotionally as well as mentally.

“My comfort show is SuperNatural, as the show is about two brothers going around trying to kill all demons and bad things,” art teacher Mrs. Amanda Elliott said. “There are a billion seasons of it, so it’s always there when you need it.” 

Everyone has their different taste in genres that comfort them like horror, sci-fi, romance, or even thriller. Not everyone’s show is all mainly comedy based just because it is supposed to make you laugh. 

“Mine is Scooby-Doo or Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated to be exact.” junior Emily Augirre said. “There is a dog named Scooby-Doo with his friends Fred, Daphne, Velma, and Shaggy (his main buddy). They go solve mysteries and haunted places. It’s just mainly bad guys and criminals in disguise, but the show is funny. Plus, it has a really good art style that I like. Shaggy and Scooby are my favorites because they are just so relatable- they eat a lot, I eat a lot. I love them.”

People sometimes watch comfort shows because a certain character reminds them of themselves. It brings them comfort knowing that they can relate themselves to the character by having the same hair, maybe the same certain struggle, or even because they have the same personality. It’s relieving knowing you’re not alone in certain things you go through in life.

My favorite comfort show is Bluey, a show is about dogs. One dog is named Bluey and his sibling is named Bingo. The star of the show is Bandit Heeler, the dad of Bluey and Bingo.” junior Marcus Navejas said. “The show is centered around Bandit who is actually doing good parenting with his children Bingo and Bluey. He is my role model, because he is a good father.”

Just as there is a character you share an interest with in different shows, there are also characters that set the example for you. It may be an old person, a robot, a superhero, or maybe even a dog. No matter what the character may be to you, it sets the standards you see for yourself as it motivates you.

A comfort show can mean many things to you as well as others as it serves its purpose to help you in many ways. So, what’s your comfort show?