Fredericksburg High School's Media Publication

The Campus Comet

The Campus Comet

The Campus Comet

Blackchalk Home and Laundry

Xainah Benitez

Xainah+Benitez

“My dream job is to teach at a deaf school and teach little kids sign language. I used to babysit, and there was this little kid I babysat. His name was Jack and he was deaf, and I knew a little bit of sign language. I was teaching him the abc’s, and I just really want to do that. Miss Metzger is my favorite teacher. she’s my dyslexia teacher. She’s very nice and funny and the class is funny too. Coach Matthis and Coach Renand make me feel the safest. They’re my soccer coaches and just make me feel really safe and supported. The toughest part about high school for me has been English because I’m dyslexic in English and writing skills, and I don’t think my teacher knows. If I could give my younger self a piece of advice, I’d say don’t get into as many fights, so I wouldn’t be missing all my freaking teeth. Or no, in middle school I was going to try out for football. I could’ve totally made that. They are wusses, big ol’ wuss. Our football boys are wusses, and I could totally beat them. I will truck anybody down to the floor I will pancake them. Someone that always brightens my mood is talking to Alex because she’s always laughing. Like early when the toilet flushed, she just broke character.”