Fredericksburg High School's Media Publication

The Campus Comet

The Campus Comet

The Campus Comet

Eaker Barbecue LLC

Winning is a Habit, Success is a Choice

For some golf is just a hobby that people do after church on Sundays for fun. For others, it is a everyday thing. A chance to strive for your aspirations, desires and goals to make them a reality. 

Junior Lewie Melton and senior Shepherd Findley are two Fredericksburg High School varsity golf team members, who are also trying to take their sport to the college level, which would be a dream come true for the both of them.

“It’s more mentally challenging. You got to focus a lot more its not as quick,” Findley said. 

Findley loves the game very much he is very hardworking and dedicated to his sport and he has many things he does to keep him mentally positive in such a tough sport.

“I pray before each tournament,”  Findley said.

Findley has many things he follows by to keep him working hard at his sport he has many great mentors to keep him focused.

“My quote is actually from a man named Todd John. He said, ‘Focusing on the big things make you good but focusing on the little things makes you great,” Findley said.

Another Fredericksburg High School golfer Lewie Melton is also very dedicated to his sport he loves the game very much and works hard  and has many reasons why he loves the game of golf.

“I enjoy being able to compete against other people and make more friends,” Melton said.

Melton  has many things he does to keep him mentally positive even in the tough times of this sport.

“I like to listen to Drake,”  Melton said.

Melton also has many good mentors and things he follows to keep him working hard and stay positive.

“My quote is from Coach Hext. ‘Just make a good swing,” Melton said.

There are many ways that these golfers handle setbacks and losses in there sport that has many of those.

“I get out there and practice some more just trying to get better,” Findley said.