The Campus Comet

Region and School Record Meet

Back to Article
Back to Article

Region and School Record Meet

State qualifier Tony Martinez, swims the 200 Free where he set a region 7-5A record with a time of 1:42.52.

David Robert

David Robert

David Robert

Cami Tubbs, Staff

The Battlin’ Billie swim team competed at the Don Cook Natatorium Feb. 1-2. The boys won fifth overall and the girls placed eighth as a team.

“We could not be more proud of the way our athletes prepared and performed at the regional meet,” Coach Mike Myers said.

The boys had a good meet with new records and many moving on to state. The Boys’ 200 Medley Relay placed fifth with a team of Troy Kneese, Graham Hammond, Will Shepard and Zach Willis. The Boys’ 200 Free Relay, with the team of Hammond, Shepard, Tyler Smedley and Willis placed seventh with a school record of 1:35.49. The Boys’ 400 Free Relay comprised of Hammond, Kneese, Smedley and Tony Martinez, placed third with a school record of 3:20.65, qualifying them for state.

Martinez set a region 7-5A record with a time of 1:42.52 and placed first in the Boys’ 200 Free. Kneese placed fourth in the Boys’ 50 Free and advanced to state. In the Boys’ 100 Fly Shepard placed tenth. Willis placed thirteenth, and Smedley placed fourteenth in the Boys’ 100 Free. Martinez placed first in the Boys’ 500 Free and set a school record with a time of 4:45.53. Kneese placed second qualifying for state in the Boys’ 100 Back. Shepard placed fourteenth in the Boy’s 100 back.

The Girls’ 200 Medley Relay placed sixth with a team of Mia Stenberg, Katya Walker, Silke Huth and Mary Cornett. They set a new school record with a time of 2:00.02. The Girls’ 200 Free Relay placed tenth with a team of Walker, Cami Tubbs, Emma Shepard and Maggie Shepard. The Girls’ 400 Free Relay placed fifth with a team of Walker, Huth, Anne Osterberg and Cornett. They set a school record with a time of 3:58.19.

Cornett placed sixth in the Girls’ 50 Free and set a school record with a time of 25.46. Osterberg placed ninth in the Girls’ 100 Fly, and Cornett placed seventh in the Girls’ 100 Free. Stenberg placed fifteenth in the Girls’ 100 Back, and Huth placed ninth in the Girls’ 100 Breaststroke.

State qualifiers will compete next at the University of Texas for their state meet on Feb. 15&16.

• Region and School Record Meet

Sports

Mia Torres Scores 1500 Career Points

• Region and School Record Meet

Sports

The Freshmen Take Down the Greyhounds at Home 

• Region and School Record Meet

Sports

Freshmen Start Off Strong in District Play

• Region and School Record Meet

Sports

Billies Beat the Bulldogs

• Region and School Record Meet

Sports

Battlin’ Billies Remain Undefeated in District 

• Region and School Record Meet

Sports

Boys JV Blows Past Llano During Home District Game

• Region and School Record Meet

Sports

Lady Billies Basketball Take the Lead Against the Greyhounds

• Region and School Record Meet

Sports

Boys’ Varsity Soccer Smithson Valley Tournament 

• Region and School Record Meet

Sports

Girls’ Soccer Hosts Hill Country Tournament 

• Region and School Record Meet

Sports

JV Girls Wreaked Havoc on Marion Bulldogs

Fredericksburg High School's Media Publication
Region and School Record Meet